PADI Deep Diver Speciality Course
Who should take this course?
The lure of the deep. There’s something exciting and mysterious about exploring deeper dive sites while scuba diving. Sometimes it’s a wreck that attracts you below 18 metres/60 feet, and on wall dives it may be a giant fan or sponge. Whatever it is, to scuba dive with confidence at depths down to 40 metres/130 feet, you should take the PADI Deep Diver Specialty course.
If you’ve earned the PADI Adventure Diver rating or higher, and you’re at least 15 years old, you can enroll in the Deep Diver course.
What will you learn?
Your training starts by reviewing reasons for deep diving and how important it is to know your personal limits. During four deep dives with your instructor, you’ll go over:
- Specialized deep diving equipment.
- Deep dive planning, buddy contact procedures and buoyancy control.
- Managing your gas supply, dealing with gas narcosis and safety considerations.
You may be able to get college credit for the Deep Diver course – ask your instructor.
How can you start learning now?
Get a PADI Deep Diver Crew-Pak that includes yourmanual and video by visiting your local PADI Dive Center and Resort to enroll in the course. Read the manual and watch the video before meeting with your PADI Instructor to plan your deep diving adventures.
What scuba gear will you use?
You’ll need a dive computer along with the rest of your basic scuba equipment. A dive light and slate are also recommended. Your PADI Instructor or local dive center staff may suggest other gear appropriate for local deep diving.
Dive deeper and earn your next certification:
- Enroll in a Deep Diver course at SCUBA DIVING SCOTLAND.
- Browse the PADI Course Catalog for related specialty diver course, such as Wreck Diver, Multilevel Diver or Drift Diver.
- Look for scuba diving vacations to deep diving destinations.
- Check out the PADI Master Scuba Diver rating.
Please Note: All course fee's are non-refundable or transferrable. Please read the full course T&C's on the course schedules and complete the PADI Medical Form before signing up. By purchasing online you agree to the course T&C's.