Who should take this course?
Be the scuba diver everyone wants to follow because you know where you are and where you’re going. The PADI Underwater Navigator course fine-tunes your observation skills and teaches you to more accurately use your compass underwater. If you like challenges with big rewards, take this course and have fun finding your way.
If you’re a PADI (Junior) Open Water Diver who is at least 10 years old, you can enroll in the PADI Underwater Navigator Specialty course.
What will you learn?
You’ll learn the tools of the trade, including navigation using natural clues and by following compass headings. During three scuba dives, you’ll practice:
- Methods to estimate distance underwater.
- Compass navigation while making at least five turns.
- Marking or relocating a submerged object or position from the surface.
- Underwater map making.
You may be able to get college credit for the Underwater Navigator course – ask your instructor.
How can you start learning now?
Visit your local PADI Dive Center or Resort to enroll in the course and get a PADI Underwater Navigator Crew-Pak that includes your manual and video. By studying before class, you’ll be better prepared to start practicing your navigational skills when you meet with your PADI Instructor.
What scuba gear will you use?
Besides your basic scuba equipment, you’ll need a compass and underwater slate. Your PADI Instructor or local dive center staff may suggest other gear to help you stay oriented, such as marker buoys or lines and reels.
Head in the right direction and earn your next certification:
- Click on the 'Add To Cart' button and complete the checkout to BOOK.
- Browse the PADI Course Catalog.
- Check out the PADI Master Scuba Diver rating
* CANCELLATIONS - Please note, once you book and pay for a course no refunds will be given for any cancellations. By purchasing online you agree to the course T&C's.
SCUBA DIVING SCOTLAND - PADI Underwater Navigator Course Schedules 2020