PADI Open Water Course - Full Course
Who should take this course?
If you’ve always wanted to take scuba diving lessons, experience unparalleled adventure and see the world beneath the waves, this is where it starts. Get your scuba diving certification with the PADI Open Water Diver course through SCUBA DIVING SCOTLAND – the world’s most popular and widely recognised scuba course. Millions of people have learned to scuba dive and gone on to discover the wonders of the aquatic world through this course.
To enrol in a PADI Open Water Diver course (or Junior Open Water Diver course) with SCUBA DIVING SCOTLAND, you must be at least 12 years old or older. You need adequate swimming skills and need to be in good physical health. No prior experience with scuba diving is required. If you are under 16 years old we may be restricted on what courses we can teach due to the child's capabilities or due to the size and fitting of the Drysuits for Open Water dives.
Complete the new PADI Medical Form to make sure you are fit to take the course.
What will you learn?
The PADI Open Water Diver course consists of three main phases:
- Knowledge Development ( online, independent study or in a classroom) to understand basic principles of scuba diving
- Confined Water Dives to learn basic scuba skills
- Open Water Dives to use your skills and explore!
You may be able to get college credit in some countries outside of the UK for the Open Water Diver course.
Short on time? The PADI Scuba Diver course might be right for you.
How can you start learning now?
Enrol in Open Water Diver Online – PADI’s eLearning option – and you can start learning right away. PADI Open Water Diver Online gives you the background information you need to dive safely and allows you to study at your own pace through an interactive computer-based program. Get started now!
You can also start learning with PADI’s home-study materials – Open Water Diver TouchTM (a tablet app) or the Open Water Diver Manual and Open Water Diver Video (a book and DVD package). Stop by your local PADI dive shop to enroll in the course, get your materials and start reading the book and watching the video. Your PADI Instructor will schedule time with you to check your progress and make sure you understand important scuba diving information.
What scuba gear will you use?
In the PADI Open Water Diver course, you learn to use basic scuba gear, including a mask, snorkel, fins, regulator, buoyancy control device and a tank. The equipment you wear varies, depending upon whether you’re diving in tropical, temperate or cold water. However, in Scotland we generally wear a Drysuit with undersuit for the Open Water dives.
Check with your Instructor at SCUBA DIVING SCOTLAND about the gear you’ll use during this course and get advice regarding buying your own equipment.
Breathing underwater for the first time is something you’ll never forget, so don’t wait.
- Sign up for the course with SCUBA DIVING SCOTLAND by paying online - https://www.scubadivingscotland.co.uk/products/padi-open-water-course?variant=32530648003
- Sign up for Open Water Diver Online and start learning right away.
- Try scuba diving with the Discover Scuba Diving program.
- View the new PADI Medcial Form.
- Browse the scuba certification FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions).
Please Note: All course fee's are non-refundable or transferrable. Once you book on a course your place is secured and there will be a charge if you wish to move to another course schedule. Please read the full course T&C's on the course schedules and complete the PADI Medical Form before signing up. All PADI Open Water courses must be completed within a year from purchase. For any participants under the age of 18, there must be a parent or guardian present during any sessions to comply with our Child Protection Policy. By purchasing the course online you agree to the course Terms and Conditions.
Executive Course Option
We run the standard course schedule every month on a part-time basis over roughly 4 weeks. We can also create schedules to suit your availability if you require the course in a shorter period, or if the scheduled dates don't suit. You can email or call the Dive Centre to check the options and create your personal executive schedule.
SCUBA DIVING SCOTLAND - PADI Open Water 2023 Course Schedules
- PADI Open Water Course Schedule - November 2023 - COURSE FULL
SCUBA DIVING SCOTLAND - PADI Open Water 2024 Course Schedules
- PADI Open Water Course Schedule - April 2024 - LIMITED SPACES
- PADI Open Water Course Schedule - May 2024 - LIMITED SPACES
- PADI Open Water Course Schedule - June 2024 - LIMITED SPACES
- PADI Open Water Course Schedule - July 2024 - LIMITED SPACES
- PADI Open Water Course Schedule - August 2024 - LIMITED SPACES