Who should take this course?
Excellent buoyancy control is what defines skilled scuba divers. You’ve seen them underwater. They glide effortlessly, use less air and ascend, descend or hover almost as if by thought. They more easily observe aquatic life without disturbing their surroundings. You can achieve this, too. The PADI Peak Performance Buoyancy Specialty course improves the buoyancy skills you learned as a new diver and elevates them to the next level.
PADI (Junior) Open Water Divers or higher, who are at least 10 years old, are eligible to take the Peak Performance Buoyancy course.
What will you learn?
During two scuba dives, you’ll learn how to:
- Determine the exact weight you need, so you’re not too light or too heavy.
- Trim your weight system and scuba gear so you’re perfectly balanced in the water.
- Streamline to save energy, use air more efficiently and move more smoothly through the water.
- Hover effortlessly in any position – vertical or horizontal.
New to rebreathers? This course has many helpful tips to achieving good buoyancy control when rebreather diving.
How can you start learning now?
Visit your local PADI dive shop to enroll in the course and get your PADI Peak Performance Buoyancy Manual and Peak Performance Buoyancy video. By reading the manual and watching the video before class, you’ll be ready to get in the water and start practicing your buoyancy skills when you meet with your PADI Instructor.
What scuba gear will you use?
It’s best to use your own scuba equipment, including a weight system, so that you fine-tune your buoyancy in gear you’ll use on every dive. Your PADI Instructor or local dive center staff can help you find the equipment that is best for you and your diving adventures.
Be positive and earn your next certification:
- Click on the 'Add To Cart' and complete the checkout to BOOK today!
- Browse the PADI Course Catalog.
- Check out the PADI Master Scuba Diver rating.
Please Note: All course fee's are non-refundable or transferrable. Please read the full course T&C's on the course schedules and complete the PADI Medical Form before signing up. By purchasing online you agree to the course T&C's.