Who should take this course?
Project AWARE’s philosophy is to mobilize a global force of scuba divers and water enthusiasts who care about protecting the world’s water resources and choose to make a difference – one dive at a time. By earning the Project AWARE Specialist certification, you’ll be aware of the most pressing problems facing vulnerable aquatic environments and know what everyday actions you can take to help protect them.
Anyone who has an interest in the aquatic world should take this course. There are no prerequisites, age restrictions or water sessions required for this non-diving specialty.
What will you learn?
Through classroom discussions, you learn:
- How Project AWARE unites scuba divers and water enthusiasts to make a difference.
- About environmental issues in the ocean commons and coastal zones.
- About fisheries challenges and sustainability problems.
- What’s happening to coral reefs and reef inhabitants.
- Your role in protecting aquatic environments.
How can you start learning now?
You’ll use the digital manual – AWARE - Our World, Our Water – downloadable for free on ProjectAWARE.org, and can start reading now in preparation for meeting with your instructor.
Become an environmental champion and:
- Enroll in a Project AWARE Specialist course at your PADI Dive Center or Resort.
- Browse the PADI Course Catalog to look for other environment-oriented specialties, such as AWARE – Coral Reef Conservation, AWARE – Fish Identification, Underwater Naturalist and Peak Performance Buoyancy or other Distinctive Specialties.
Please Note: All course fee's are non-refundable or transferrable. Please read the full course T&C's on the course schedules before purchasing. All courses must be used within 1 year of purchase. Minimum of 48 hours notice required to reschedule course dates. By purchasing online you agree to the course T&C's.
SCHEDULING A COURSE
Course dates can be found below. However, a schedule can be created around your availability if you have two or more people attending.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.